Well baby examination is important way to monitor yours baby’s growth and development. Regular checkups also provide an opportunity to develop a relationship with your baby’s doctor.
Westlands medical centre well baby clinic entails the following;
- Well baby physical examination and measurements
- Developmental milestones checks, such as Vaccination
- Baby’s measurement -Baby length, Weight and Head Circumference– All plotted on a chart
- Head to Toe Physical Examination
- Skin – Various skin conditions might be identified during examination including birthmark and rashes
- Heart and lungs – Listen to your baby’s heart and lungs with stethoscope to detect any abnormal heart sounds, rhythms or breathing difficulties
-Examination done by gently pressing your baby’s abdomen. We can detect tenderness enlarged, organs or umbilical hernia
-Inspect baby’s genitalia for tenderness lumps or other sign of infection
-For girls we check for vaginal discharge
-For boys we make sure both testes have descended into the scrotum
- Baby vaccines -B CG, Oral Polio, Pentavalent, Influenza, Rotavirus, Meningitis, pneumonia.